Global Alerts

Canada – Changes to Inland Applications

Effective immediately, the following applications made within Canada must be submitted online:

  • Applications to extend temporary residence status;
  • Applications for study or work permits; and
  • Applications for renewals of study or work permits.

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has provided a list of exemptions, found here.

Employers who may be affected are encouraged to contact an immigration specialist for case-specific advice.

Send Us
a Message

Our team is eager to help your organization navigate the complexities of immigration law & relieve any visa processing frustrations that you are experiencing.

Subscribe to FGI's Bi-weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to Forum for Expatriate Management (FEM Detroit) Distribution List