Global Alerts

Singapore – Employment Pass Holders Appointed to Board of Director’s

Employers appointing an Employment Pass holder to a board of director’s position within the same corporate group must first obtain a Letter of Consent, a new requirement by the Ministry of Manpower. In order to qualify for the LOC, the company must show that the corporate group is a parent, subsidiary, shareholder, or somehow related to the EP holders current employer.

An Employment Pass holder who is a board member within its same corporate company must submit an LOC application to the Ministry of Manpower. The LOC must be renewed with each Employment Pass renewal.

Send Us
a Message

Our team is eager to help your organization navigate the complexities of immigration law & relieve any visa processing frustrations that you are experiencing.

Subscribe to FGI's Bi-weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to Forum for Expatriate Management (FEM) Distribution List